View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 04:47 AM   #9
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

A little story, I NEVER "pick up my pups" I "scoop" them up, meaning I put my right hand under their butt, I put my left hand under their front legs and "scoop" them up. Some years back I had to take my lil "big" girl (now past) to the vet, my regular vet was not on duty that day and I had to use another one that was not familiar with my dog. I don't remember why he choose to pick her up, the way he picked her up was, he wrapped both his hands around close to her mid section and she yelped, I was like kinda bit upset that he picked her up that way and when she yelped I was really upset. When she yelped he said I think she has Pancreatitis, he rans some test (this is going back 7 years ago) I don't remember what tests were given, but that is what she had. I remembered before this visit a friend came to visit, they had many yorkies over the years and they picked my dog up like the vet did and she yelped at that time, I told my friend "after all the yorkies you have had I can't believe you would pick up a dog that way", then I told them to always scoop her up. I thought nothing of it, thought it was just the way she was picked up because I always scooped all my babies up. She never showed any signs of not feeling well, she was a good eater, happy, overly playful, very active she was about 10 years old. I was shocked to find out she had Pancreatitis, because she showed no signs of not being well, she was always happy and very playful. . She was put on meds and special diet. She never showed signs that your pup is showing, the bowing, and I have one step to out out to deck that leads to back yard, she never hesitated to go down that one step, or the other steps that lead to the yard. I am just throwing this out there for you. If xrays showed nothing, ask your vet if it can be Pancreatitis, only because of the crying he does when he gets picked up. Good luck, I will keep lil Wicked in my prayers.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!