View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 08:51 AM   #1
Wicked
Yorkie Talker

Default Wicked yelps as if scared or in pain when being picked up.

Hi All,

I want to hear your advice and prior experiences.

It's been a little over a week since I've noticed that Wicked cries when being picked up. He is also more cautious jumping over steps (we only have 1 step in the house and to the backyard). His posture when picking up his toy is a little off as well (he'd lower is front but keeps if back leg straight and his but in the air). He usually just go at it without thinking.

I took him to the vet last Thursday and she said everything was fine (no broken bones or anything of that nature). She thought it might be a behavioral thing. I was still concern and brought him back for an x-ray this past Sunday. The vet on duty said that the X-ray came out normal and there was nothing of concern. She prescribed steroids for his pain. He will leap over the steps cautiously now but will still yelp when we try to pick him up.

All this time he is eating and drinking normal. He walks and runs as he always does. No limping or lameness in his legs.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Could this be just a behavioral thing or should I be concern? It's been almost 2 weeks and I am so worry that these might be signs of something more serious if left alone and not treated.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

-Tawnie
Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!