View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 11:10 AM   #1
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Default Wow read this. Lets discuss it affects us all!

PUREBRED PET HOLOCAUST: BREEDER FREEDOM | TheDogPress.com

Here is the link:

PUREBRED PET HOLOCAUST

Reader reveals eBay Classifieds prejudice against hobby breeders, its alliance with HSUS, and makes a startling observation about advertising purebred dogs.

July 2014 | TheDogPress.com
Nina Garcetti (email withheld)

Dear Editor:

I have advertised my puppies (when I have had them) on eBay Classified (formally Kijiji) for years. I have a nice little stud fee puppy that I am looking for a good home for locally, so I tried listing him there.

When I searched for it (Kijiji) I couldn't find it but it looks like it is now ebay. So I attempted to list my stud fee puppy. I did so but then it was kicked off. I really didn’t want to list in the local paper so I persisted in trying to solve the mystery about why my listing was removed.

After looking around some more, I found a reference to eBay classifieds "Pet Policies". I really didn't like what I found! I've cut & pasted the link below.
http://info.ebayclassifieds.com/helpcenter/index.php?article=82

You really should read it and tell your users that it seems HSUS now is keeping a database of unapproved breeders. eBay’s policies starts by referring to federal, state, and local laws “standardized for living conditions” (is that APHIS that you write about?) and “animal interest groups” and making “unethical profiteers accountable”. Right out of the HSUS playbook. And obtaining the newly required USDA Pet Shop license gets you automatic "puppy mill status" with them.

Apparently eBay Classifieds now cross checks with the HSUS database for every ad placed for pets. Although I don't appear on their list, and I am not the breeder of the puppy, I needed to check the "breeder box" to be authorized to sell my puppy. Since I checked "owner" they rejected it!

How the HSUS has managed to convince eBay and the pet buying public that they are the only clearing house for "responsible breeders" is unfathomable. This is beyond disturbing. It's outrageous!

If you can see any way the American pet buying public will be able to buy a purebred dog in two years, please let me know.

This is The Purebred Pet Holocaust. Be very afraid!
- Nina Garcetti

Please note I have not checked out the links yet, but will do so shortly. Disturbing very very disturbing if indeed "true".

Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!