View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 05:59 AM   #25
AZME
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
As for the Desert Museum, I think we have made up our minds about taking them out. We just need to dig them out. They grow so slow and I love pruning LOL. I've pruned the Mesquite three times already since it's been put in (beginning of June). I love to prune it into crazy shapes.
I am giving you a link to my favorite arborist in Phx. Guy rocks it…honest, intelligent and knows his stuff…he has a bunch of tree articles and blogs on his web site. Here is a good one on the do's and don't for healthy Trees

http://www.itreeservice.com/pdfs/article1.pdf

The crazy thing in the desert re: plants is many are grown in California. So the tags that reflect their "full sun" are not our Mojave or Sonoran Desert full sum. I lived in Vegas for 10 years before moving to AZ.
My favorite wholesaler also is a wholesaler in LV. Mountain States Nursery.
Links | Useful Resources | Mountain States Wholesale Nursery
I am linking what they have on their site for local nurseries which means they supply them plants (maybe not all but some) The great thing about Mountain State web site is that they have a plant database with information and pictures like nobody's business….It is the best! I use it all the time. Also if you see something on their site that they don't have I'd go to an independent like Plant World on W. Charleston and ask if they can you one. I work with a small nursery here and if I don't see what I want they find it and they use local growers so I know what I put in my yard or clients is AZ hardy makes a HUGE difference!

Thanks for the help with the quotes! I must be losing my eyesight!!! lol
AZME is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!