View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 03:43 AM   #24
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

[QUOTE=AZME;4466717]Hi fellow gardeners! I am a master gardener and a certified as a desert landscaper. I garden in both AZ and Maine and design…love both places and ironically have several of the same plants in each of my gardens from zone 5b to 9-10 pretty crazy. I love to dig in the dirt!I've been using grow boxes for some time in both locations…easy to deal with and fertilize and irrigate. I use The Garden Patch brand Grow box but Earth Box is another.
The first season I had it I saw flowers disappearing INTO the ground, like the devil reached up and pulled them down. I researched thinking it was moles, came to find out it is VOLES. Just a heads up for anyone thinking about raised garden beds." -Matese
My experience w/ Voles is that you have to get someone to come out and capture and 'relocate' …It takes awhile but truly that is the only effective way to get rid of them, all the other gimmicky things are just that. You may want to call your county extension office and see if they have a list of people that do pest control and specifically set traps.

My problem with Voles is...I am in a heavily wooded area, I traced one tunnel into the woods. There are several tunnels that go deeper into the woods, makes it difficult to trace them all. I will have to live with them and see what they don't like. Thank you for your help, nice to know we have an expert gardener on site.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!