View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 06:43 PM   #22
AZME
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

"Wow, so glad you chimed in! I need some advice from an expert! Yes my Desert museum is the palo verde. We are thinking about taking both of them out. I really like our Mesquite a lot better. It just looks so much more lush and grows way faster. Just hoping the caterpillars don't like the Mesquite or ever find it. It's weird, one of the Museums got eaten up but the other one that's like 5 feet away didn't." --capt noonie

(sorry but I can't figure out how to copy the quote…and I feel like I have seen that option. I just can't find it!)

Is your PassiFlora in a pot…they seem to be able to be easier to control fertilize etc. in a pot.
Re: you Desert Museum that's a shame they are so beautiful. I'd contact a MG at your county extension office…easier to email I think otherwise you could be in for a couple of weeks of telephone tag.
https://www.unce.unr.edu/programs/si...ener/southern/
There is a link on the left that says "ask a master gardener" if you can take a picture of the tree and the 'pest' that will help them chances are it's a problem in your neighborhood or the region. They can tell you what is the best way to treat them in your area. I love the Palo Verdes because there is less debris with them. I have a better Sonoran Emerald that is just gorgeous I'd be heartbroken if anything happened.

Smart to move your Queen's Wreath…sometimes it is all about location which can make you crazy especially if you want a plant for a specific location/effect. Sometimes they have a mind of their own. Make sure they have enough Potassium (the K number in the N-P-K)

Is everything irrigated in your yard? Ruelia is usually pretty hardy I find it does better w/ morning sun and afternoon shade? Do you grow your herbs and veggies in raised beds or in the ground?
AZME is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!