View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 07:12 PM   #20
AZME
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Hi fellow gardeners! I am a master gardener and a certified as a desert landscaper. I garden in both AZ and Maine and design…love both places and ironically have several of the same plants in each of my gardens from zone 5b to 9-10 pretty crazy. I love to dig in the dirt!

Matese, I love the Herb tree that's awesome. I've lived in LV and it is a tough place to garden. The sun is harsh and the wind sometimes harsher with very low humidity. And the soil nearly impossible

I've been using grow boxes for some time in both locations…easy to deal with and fertilize and irrigate. I use The Garden Patch brand Grow box but Earth Box is another.

"The first season I had it I saw flowers disappearing INTO the ground, like the devil reached up and pulled them down. I researched thinking it was moles, came to find out it is VOLES. Just a heads up for anyone thinking about raised garden beds." -Matese

My experience w/ Voles is that you have to get someone to come out and capture and 'relocate' …It takes awhile but truly that is the only effective way to get rid of them, all the other gimmicky things are just that. You may want to call your county extension office and see if they have a list of people that do pest control and specifically set traps.

Capt. Noonie are your Desert Museum trees Palo Verdes?

Verbena I'd love to see some pictures of your period gardens. Sounds really wonderful. I am going to be doing a design this fall for beds for a very old property in Maine. I am very excited!
AZME is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!