View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 02:25 AM   #18
Verbena
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

A little bit about our gardens.

We have a vegetable garden, herb garden, and a few 18th century flower and herb beds, and rose bed. We grow some heirloom variety vegetables. . . 6 types of tomatoes, peas, Kale, lettuces, eggplant, zucchini, 6 types of peppers to name a few. I am a big herb grower. I grow culinary and medicinal.

The biggest thing we did was rip out all the plants in the garden and decide to put in a 18th century period garden. Looking back at it. . . It was insane lol. Most flowers We had to grow from seed. Getting them from England, Canada and some historical sites. I mixed in some herbs in between like marshmallow. . . It is finally coming along

We lost some trees after Sandy and them a few more a few weeks ago. Some that effect my flower garden. I have some partly shade plants. . . So I will have to see how it goes. I might end up losing those. We have southern exposure . . . So now they are going to get beat down.

My DBF keeps bees. . . So there is a lot of pollination going on. Which is great.it is the weather right now that is not great. . . . It is going to get cooler the next few weeks . . Not good for the tomatoes.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!