View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 07:55 PM   #1
LunarBerry
YT 500 Club Member

Default Mother Henning ^^; Anyone have it this bad?

I'm happy to say Kimchi has adjusted beautifully to her new life with us, but I'm always stressing when she trips or falls over on our non-carpeted floor, especially when we play with her x.x;; (she's got fuzzy paws and has yet to learn to grip the floor) she's had a couple of incidents where she's fell and bumped her head (from her tiny height it's not much, but she does go down fast and get's dazed) or fell/jumped out of a lap and seem to land wrong (while sitting on the floor, of course) when moving around from play and cried out alot or just yelped. She's seems ok afterwards, maybe stunned or had a little boo-boo. Even though it's only been several days, I'm getting a little stress over it X.x;; She feels so delicate, that I keep having fears that she'll have some injury that won't show up till later from these events, even if they seem not so drastic. Just yesterday, I've been letting her out and checking on her every few minutes or so while I was cooking lunch, cause she really wanted out and I figured it should be ok as long as I check on her. She at one point was coughing a little and when i check the area she came from there was a corner of the rug that had threading pulled out X.x; I have watched/heard cases where strings can tangle up in the belly and yorkies her age having fragile bones, so I was having moments of panic, but I would check on her in her pen and so on to see if she becomes lethargic or other odd symptoms. So far so good. My mother doesn't seem as concerned over it and she's raised a couple of yorkies before (our Mick & Mandy), but they were a bit more "heftier" and bigger. So maybe I'm just paranoid ^^; Granted I'm not fretting over most of her "falls", just ones that seem to hit her around the head, or even if she lands wrong on her legs ><; I guess I worry cause she falls fast/hard for her height, she's always trying to run or move around fast, but flails around and lands weird. My mother mentioned she cried a lot when she fell out of her lap today but she picked her up and told her to give her a kiss and she did ^^; And I think that's why she isn't fretting like I was when I heard that X.x I even started to worry when she didn't eat as much as she originally started to (I had switch her to wellness core, which I understood was more richer than the puppy chow she's had). But she has still eaten her food, so I am relieved at that at least ^^;
I'm glad that my older jack russell, Chloe, has taken to her, playing and sometimes even watching over her. (granted the younger jack, Mila, doesn't seem to have as much interest in her) She's been energetic and excited to be out of her pen every so often during the day, so it has eased some fears that she's alright. She's also had her first vaccine not too long ago, so any lethargic issues could stem from that.
Anyone have serious mother henning issues? How did your furbaby fair and what did you do to ease the stress? X.x lol

Last edited by LunarBerry; 07-14-2014 at 07:58 PM.
LunarBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!