View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 02:42 PM   #11
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
Being the crazy, super attentive, over reactive Yorkie momma I am, I can not even begin to imagine having an intact female and not knowing down to within a week, when my girl was supposed to come in heat. I would never schedule vacations, get aways, etc, leaving my girl with anyone, knowing my girl was about to cycle. Next point, if I was left in charge of someone elses girl, and I noticed she had blood coming from her butt area, I would either GUESS that she was either in heat, or having internal organ bleeding problems! Blood coming from any oriface on an animal is really not "normal" and requires some kind of attention. THAT required a vet appointment so someone could tell you what was happening!!!! Fortunately, your aunts little dog was NOT hemorrhaging to death because after 12 days of you watching her bleeding, she would be dead. Unfortunately, she came into her heat cycle, and after watching her bleed for 12 days, and watching your male "hump" her for the last 6 days, you finally were rewarded with the ONLY outcome that could have POSSIBLY been predicted.....they were successfully bred. You can go ahead and be assured she is pregnant....the time to have been concerned about them breeding was when you FIRST saw her bleeding. So, since it would be safe to say no one that has anything to do with either the male or the female dog, is knowledgable about heat cycles, breeding, pregnancy risks, whelping risks, raising orphaned puppies, etc, you need to get this female to a vet and have her spayed IMMEDIATELY. While you are at it, get that male neutered.....as a responsible pet owner, we can not let our intact males run around humping all bleeding females, then be stupified, stunned and amazed when a breeding occurs.
How did I miss the 6 DAYS part! OMG! I was thinking if it had only happened a few hours before the post there might be some other type of option. But leaving them together for that long and the "humping" ugh.....

OPer have you contacted your aunt yet? I'm very worried about this little one
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!