View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
BobbiB
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by euri13 View Post
hey guys, i just registered here today to post a questions.
my dog just gave birth to 7 puppies 2 days ago, and now the other one puppy who I only noticed yesterday is injured, i think its his mother's fang, when she tried to lift her puppy i think because he's only new born, she accidentally put a little pressure when she lift him and her fangs accidentally stabbed at his shoulder.
and now he's cold not warm like the others, and won't feed to his mother, even thought i can see he's fighting to keep alive, what should i do, i don't think he will survive till tomorrow, but i don't want to think about that, i want to do all i could do just to make him stay alive..
You really only have two options....emergency vet NOW, or try to keep warm and fed until the am. Two days old is very, very touch and go...to be honest, this is probably not good at all. Will mom nurse the pup? What kind of dog...seven pups seems like a rather large litter for a small breed dog. Do the other pups seem healthy? Is mom doing okay? Is your vet aware that the dam has given birth?
BobbiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!