View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 07:13 AM   #232
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
Brit, you clearly have not read all of my posts. Yes, I am in rescue and, yes, I cannot stand that there are so many irresponsible people in this world. BUT, I have made plenty of comments on this thread that have absolutely nothing, zero to do with rescue thoughts/influence.

I am not going to repeat myself...go back and read what I said...THEN, make your comments.

I said the breeders are ruining some of the breeds...definitely yorkies....and I said that you cannot compare a torn CCL to mammary tumors....just one position that I have stated. I said that the breeders are behind all of this as a way to take the heat off themselves for the messes they have created. I don't for one minute believe that torn CCLs in yorkies has anything to do with early spay/neuter. I believe it is a breeder induced issue as in genetic mess. Luxating patellas are so common now it is ridiculous and they are what leads to torn CCLs most of the time. Sheesh........ As I suggested, go read before making such a suggestion!

We hold puppies in our rescue for six months and then spay/neuter....IF it were absolutely proven that harm was being done (note there is no proof of this), then we would hold them until suggested. When it becomes absolutely true and not someones ideas/guesses/thoughts, then I will believe it. Not until then.
I'm not speaking for Brit, but the way I read her post was that after she read the thread, she felt that it appeared there were some *very* strong pro-s/n advocates on this thread. Which is fine/great - nothing wrong w/ that. But I think she was seeing Gemy being a bit attacked for having some 'position', per se, while others who have the 'opposing position' (again, per se, not in fact) appeared to not allow the room for having a discussion or having an alternate position. I think she was saying "if we allow one position, why aren't we allowing all positions?" (with which, I agree). That was my take on her take . Now, your take of my take on her take could be completely different!

And just to be clear, I'm not saying you're pro this or anti that - only you can tell us your position, or whether you have one.

At the end of the day, this is a good discussion where we shouldn't worry (imho) about who supports this or that, but rather about how s/n affects our pets and why we make the decisions we do regarding their health...and how all this relates to current/past data and studies.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!