View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 10:52 AM   #10
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasYorkieMama View Post
Liquid would be much better! So would throughout. It seems like she has a certain few hours she feels great and then the rest she is just ok or feeling overwhelmed.

Thats good about the poop thing I was getting freaked out. I'm glad I'm going to vet tomorrow I will be asking 101 questions. Hopefully I will be able to adjust the meds as well. It the vet I always go to however they have rotating Drs. and the one I got the day she needed the c-section was anti-breeder. So she hasn't been very easy to work with. Tomorrow I will be seeing the owner and he is great.

I have a bigger pup that is a whiner. He is the one that loves to eat off of his mama but then he seems to not want to drink from the bottle. I have to sit with him longer then the others because he is a pain lol. Then I have the tiny tiny one who eats too fast and feels like he could sit and eat all day if you let him. So its been an interesting balance. I'm very tired but I realize that this is just a moment in time and once we pull them through the next few weeks we will be home free.

I have a lot of people wanting to help but I don't really trust anyone but my self to look for all the things that are needed when feeding them. I have a routine going so I'm just doing it and my family is holding down the fort.

Again I appreciate all the info. is small 4.5lbs so I'm not sure how to heck she had 5 puppies inside her.The boy that was the stud was a pound and a half smaller then her and she
The eating differences.....with another litter on the way, with unknown results (hopefully there will be NO issues!), this is exactly why I tube feed these babies. You deliver the exact amount the pup needs, it is very quick, enabling you to get an entire litter tube fed within 5-7 minutes, and back in with momma. After you learn to tube feed, it is actually much safer than bottle feeding, avoiding the risk of puppy eating too fast and aspirating. It puts NO effort to nurse on the weaker pups, and it is a precise delivery of known calories for growing babies. As far as size of the parents.....that have very little to actually do with what this litter will be.....it is the PEDIGREE, the lines behind your breeding pair, that determines what these babies will look like, size, personality, etc.....and that involves many more generations back than the three you get with the AKC. Knowing what is behind your breeding pair, enables you to have a very educated guesstimation of what you are going to be producing in that litter.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!