View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 11:20 PM   #5
VegasYorkieMama
Yorkie Yakker

We are going into their 4th day and I'm bottle feeding every 2 hours around the clock. My dog doesn't have milk anymore because she was also spayed at the time of c-section so they said that it would dry up due to the hormone not giving the go to make it.

I have decided to keep the two dog completely separate. My other dog showed aggression when I got home with the pups and my other mama which is never does. So I will continue to bottle feed.

I have had 3 other litters and have dealt with fading puppies and around the clock feedings. I'm not an expert and this time has really been far different. Everything that could go wrong has with my one mama. Hence the spay. I'm just trying to get through the next two weeks fattening up puppies.

The problem I'm having is my mama is not wanting to take a break from the pups and getting very worn out. So I have to make her take breaks. She is panting a lot but only when sitting with the puppies. I'm not sure if she is overheating or in pain or both.

The other puppies aren't here yet but this mom is the one that has had other litters and she is a great mom. Her last litter was 8 but 2 were very weak and died from fading puppy syndrome. Two others were going as well and fed them around the clock.
VegasYorkieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!