View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 04:36 PM   #69
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
And how do I take this the "right" way. Thank you for reminding of Zoeys' death not from Heartworm but from Cancer 6 months later! And very close to her 2 year anniversary as well! And it was very clear by me in my OWN thread that it was my fault. It wasn't in the end it was owners' failure, I admitted that right up front on my thread!

The story of Zoey has no bearing on Spay/Neuter research at all, and what that research is telling us.

This is a thread I keep active when new research on this topic comes to my attention, and I will continue to post this research, for those readers who are interested enough to read it. I am quite sure we have lots of members who not only own Yorkies but medium to large size breeds as well. Ya think that they might be interested in this research?????

And when finally I come across toy breed studies I will post those as well.

My position on Spay and Neuter for those that care to read all my postings is appropriate timing, and that there are no over-weening health benefits for males. I never say DONT neuter or SPAY, I in fact for females basically say spay, and for males I say there is no over-weening health benefit for males...........

So how does this make me ANTI SPAY/NEUTER?

In closing, I thank you Jodi, for jabbing my heart to remember my two beloved pets who I lost to cancer. My Karma 11 months ago today a neutered male cat, and my Zoey 2 yrs and 2 days ago an intact female. And btw not from mammary cancer!

This is all a little dramatic don't you think?

My point was that responsible owners make mistakes and we should not assume that everyone has the same responsibility level as you do or I do. Mistakes happen and to suggest that not spaying and neutering is a healthy choice when millions of dog are being killed is just beyond my comprehension.

Here's a dog gas chamber. Tell me this is a better option that mammary tumors or a torn ligament. It goes on DAILY in the country! It makes me sick. DOGS STILL Being GASSED To Death in U.S. ANIMAL SHELTERS - YouTube
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!