View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 04:10 PM   #4
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

I have no idea if "OwnedbyJezebel" is a breeder, but I can assure you her concerns are right on target. She was not being negative to you....she is informing you of a very real concern you may be facing in a very short time. I would suggest you feed this new litter a formula that I use on any pups that need assistance. Are you an experienced breeder? You should be weighing those babies at least twice a day, to monitor exactly where they are, nourishment wise. They should be gaining weight every time you weigh them. The formula I use delivers 14-16 calories/cc....puppies NEED the calories in order to thrive, and you need to feed them every 2 hours around the clock. Your female SHOULD have milk come in regardless of the c-section....I have never had a female that dried up due to a c-section...they were sore, a few had to get used to the idea of feeding babies, but you keep the babies in there with momma and let them suck....it will cause the milk to drop....watch momma to be sure she doesnt reject them....if she wants nothing to do with them after a week, YOU are now momma! The formula I use:
8 oz Just Born
4 oz Pedialyte
1 raw egg yolk
3 tbsp Dr.Millers Pet Nutra Drops (May substitute 3 tbsp Karo syrup + 3 tbsp Vi-Daylin pedi vitamins)
1 cup live culture yogurt (can use Kefir milk)
Mix all this together, allow all bubbles to disappear before feeding, and store in frige for a week.
Feed warmed, every 2 hours....must feed 1cc per oz of pups weight, every 2 hours, around the clock. All the help you have available to you at home is going to be needed.....especially when the next litter is born. If you DO put these additional babies on momma #2, and she takes them and does not kill them, you MUST make certain you are giving her calcium in order to prevent eclampsia....you hopefully have Oral Cal Plus, which is a chicken flavored paste, that you can give momma per directions on the dispenser, to keep from her having eclampsia. If this all goes south on you, learn how to tube feed, because you will be feeding a bushel of puppies! These are the FACTS, not negativity! It is help you asked for....

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 06-14-2014 at 04:13 PM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!