View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 09:07 AM   #10
magicgenie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default this is often true--

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBlain View Post
Yorkie Talk has a lot of great members and it does have a lot to offer, but at times it can be a cruel place, fortunately though it's not the only place where one can go to find good advice. I hope you stay because I would love to see how the puppies turn out, but if you don't I will understand why.
I'm an experieced breeder and I rely A LOT on veterinarians to get my girls safely through all kinds of whelping situations. Supplies are not a big deal--lots of clean towels and bedding, alcohol and iodine for disinfecting; supplies are cheap and easy. More important, especially for an inexperienced breeder, is to have a good veterinarian available.
In the OP's case, being inexperienced and with a rather unpredictable cross-breeding situation, I think planning in advance to have the pups born in a hospital with a veterinarian available to assist is particularly important.
The OP has my best wishes. Personally, I would have had the pregnancy aborted and my precious pet spayed, but let's do what we can to get everyone safely through the actual circumatances.
Best to all!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!