Thread: LP and CLL tear
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 05:24 AM   #19
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByJezebel View Post
She could be lame in a matter of months, you have a window of opportunity to prevent that.

You are right that there is no point in doing the TPLO by itself. My Jezebel had LP with a CCL tear. The orthopedic surgeon did the TPLO and fixed the LP so now she has a nice, stable knee and it won't get re-torn. Didn't the surgeon want to fix both problems?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
I don't know who you saw but I am guessing it is not a board certified surgeon. Did he happen to tell you how severe her arthritis will be if you don't repair this torn ligament? She is looking at a lifetime of pain.

I understand it is expensive, but I highly recommend that you get her to a boarded surgeon and find a way to get the money together for her care. Look at things you can sell. Ask family for help. Try to get a credit card from Healthcare and Medical Financing for Consumers | CareCredit™
As we told you months ago when this first happened, your pup would be in pain for the rest of her life. So, you have decided to let her live in pain and take meds for it. How very sad for your pup.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!