View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 09:50 AM   #163
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
Ask yourself that question. You are the one who is always changing foods for your pup looking for something you think is perfect. I say that with no disrespect...I just don't know why you asked me because I am not one who is out reading labels and listening to people like the DFA.

I am NOT an expert in nutrition and quite frankly have no interest in it. That is why I rely on vets and vet nutritionists to help me make choices for my pups.
Oh yeah no absolutely. Dog food has always been a hobby of mine, something I like reading about and doing research on. I really need to just be homecooking to be happy to be honest but I admit it's out of pure laziness. So I certainly GET the appeal of commercial dog food and understand it's purpose as I utilize it myself and have spent years seemingly searching for the perfect company only to realize that duh, of course that doesn't exist.

But that wasn't really my point. I wasn't even asking you specifically. Just in general, I am genuinely curious when dogs began suddenly requiring balanced diets. I'd be interested on the history of that is all. Obviously at one point in time, dogs were not getting "balanced" diets. So I'd be curious how healthy they were and what their lifespan was.

Last edited by Britster; 05-17-2014 at 09:52 AM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!