View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 02:34 PM   #4
Verbena
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
You didn't mention his age but by the look of your avatar, I'm guessing he's a puppy. Did they x-ray him or at lest offer to keep him and observe him? Any dog falling that far is worrisome. I'm sure the vet gave you warning signs to look for since he didn't keep him. I'd think he needs to be professionally observed for the next 24 hours at least. Watch his pupils to see if they change and won't accommodate or constrict to light, if they become enlarged and fixed, he limps, won't eat/drink/potty, he acts disoriented, drowsy or sluggish, lethargic or he just stands still in one place and seems unsure of what to do. He could have bruised his liver or torn some tiny blood vessels in important places or had a concussion from the sloshing of his brain as he came to a sudden stop. Poor little guy, take him right into the ER vet if his behavior seems at all odd or anyway different from the routine - he could be hurting or bleeding internally or something and only his behavior is all you will have to go on. I hate to scare you but you need to know what to look for these next 24 hours or so. God bless the little baby and I'll pray he's going to be fine. At the very least he's likely to be sore and stiff though puppy's can be so pliable that if the nurse broke enough of the fall, you may notice little difference in his behavior and I pray that's the case.
I agree with Jeanie. Please keep an eye on your little one. . . I hope he is ok.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!