View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 05:36 AM   #3
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
What kind of food do you feed her? Commercial dog food is carefully balanced with the appropriate vitamins and nutrients. Additional vitamins are not necessary and can have a negative effect. Same with humans. Many vitamins have to be balanced by others (a certain ratio) or they can be harmful.

If animals' apothecary/Hawthorns for hearts doesn't indicate anything relative to the size of the dog, that is big red flag. I wouldn't use it.

Was one of the vets that you took your girl to a cardiologist? I would follow the recommendations of the cardiologist and not risk any of the over the counter helpers.
The bioflavonoids in hawthorn extract are not toxic, so the size of the dog might not be a big issue as far as dosing goes. However, you never really know what else is in the extract that might harm a dog, so I agree, I wouldn't use it unless a cardiologist recommended it, or at least said it was harmless to use it. Blueberries (with no added sugar!) are also a good source of bioflavonoids, and might be a better way to go, since you can feed them as treats or snacks.

Can dogs eat blueberries? | Dog training tips,Dog food reviews,Dog health-Dog Questions
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!