View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 12:30 PM   #9
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Good for you for getting her to the vet originally and taking her back when she didn't start getting slowly better and I'm so glad she is getting blood tests. I agree with you that this is likely from your husband feeding her the human food - food that her system couldn't handle and it either inflamed her pancreas or possibly, just irritated a place in her intestine or colon and she developed gastroenteritis. If her blood tests are WNL, it's probably the latter. But you for sure need to get a diagnosis vs. differential diagnosis(es) when you go to the vet when a dog is vomiting, anorexic or even drinking water and lethargic. Of course part of the lethargy may be from her taking medicine, as even antibiotics make Tibbe sleepy but she probably just feels too ill and weak to do much of anything but sleep.

I hope you've had "the talk" about human food with DH as human food, as dramatic as it sounds, can be deadly for some Yorkies. I hope little Piper feels better soon.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!