View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 12:29 PM   #9
hle_625
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti
I have a question for more experienced owners- I too cannot get cali to eat much at all, she has stopped eating even the hamburger I was making for her.
1. How long can they go without food especially the smaller, younger ones. Cali is prone to hypoglycemia even at 8 months old. Can you givethem nutrical until they start eating?
2. To change their food you have to do it so gradually that I find it hard to try different foods alll the time. They may eat a little one time and then not again. Do they grow out of finicky eating ? I have never had one that was so uniterested in eating.
Sorry to take over this thread but I though it would help maisy moo's owner as well.
Chloe was a very picky eater at the beginning I couldnt get her to eat anything. I had to play games with her food like I would just dump it on the kitchen floor so that she would think that she was finding some of mommy or daddys food that we had dropped and she would eat it. Or I would take her dry kibble and roll it on the floor and she would chase after it and eat it. Finally she started eating and know I cant get her to quit eating. I know how you feel though I was switching her food all the time and taking her to the vet just to make sure she was ok. Finally she just started eating on her own. Oh yeah she eats off of plates now though she wont eat food out of a bowl for some reason maybe try that.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!