View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 08:42 PM   #11
ShowGirlLola
YT 1000 Club Member

Thanks everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Sorry, I see Jodi and others detailed why the vets like to keep them overnight.

I wanted to add relative to potty concerns, Max believed that the only place he could potty was his pad at home. That is why he was screaming. He needed to go. When we got home, he peed a lake. Then he was fine.
Poor Max!
Lola will pee in places other than her potty pad at home, but only if she's desperate and no one is around.

That's why I think she might pee in the cage when no one is around.

There are 2 ER vets within 15 minutes, including the one we had to take my cousin's dog to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
It sounds like the tech is sleeping upstairs. No better than having somebody come check at midnight. I would bring mine home.
That's how I feel too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megansmomma View Post
If you trust your vet them I would go by his recommendation of an overnight stay. They might like to monitor afterward and knowing a vet tech is right there seems very reasonable to me. A spay while more invasive than a neuter is still pretty routine as is a dental. It's inexcusable that your cousins dog almost died from a dental! How could her vet not had the reversal drugs available!

The first night after a spay they are still pretty out of it because the drugs are still being metabolized by the liver. But that's not a bad thing since it will help keep her quiet and relaxed. The vet tech can monitor her temperature, check respiration etc and relay any concerns or issues to your vet. Instead of worrying about bringing her home try to take comfort in the fact that she will be well monitored. Personally, I like the idea of the vet wanting an overnight stay
I really don't know what that vet was thinking. I've heard other horrible things about them too.

I would be ok with leaving her if someone were really going to watch her. The tech will be sleeping upstairs, so she'll probably only check on the dogs a few times.

They're going to call tomorrow to give me details, so I'll ask again how much care they get over night.
ShowGirlLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!