View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 07:57 PM   #7
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneH1 View Post
Hi Just checking in I posted last. Week about my 10. Yr old little girl rescue. The vet did the urine protein creatinine. Test & has her on enalapril fish oil & Im waiting on low dose aspirin that they are making up. I was reading about the enalapril because after taking it for a few days she was lethargic & wouldn't eat.Back to the vet in a month for another urine check. We rescued her at 8 yrs. old they. Don't give you much information about the dog except its hard to place an older dog.She is. A sweetheart from day 1.My. Other Baby girl was 14 diabetic for 6 yrs & blind. I said no more dogs within a month or two I was looking on the rescue site. I don't post much but I do read a lot on the site. Thanks so much for your responses. Sure does make me feel better.
I'm glad to see your check-in. My dog takes benazepril instead of enalapril and we have it compounded at Diamond Back Drugs along with her small dose of aspirin and both drugs are shipped to me.

My dog is going on this disease for two years now. At her most recent check up, her UPC was down to 2.0 (she started up near 5.0). Her blood pressures are normal and she has normal kidney blood values. So treatment does make a difference. My dog is also on a moderate protein diet with a lowered phosphorous amount and she takes an omega 3 fatty acid supplement. She is going to be 14 and she was first diagnosed with chronic renal disease when she was 5.

I am sure with your treatment your dog will do well! If she doesn't do well on enalapril, you could ask for benazepril. I've never had any side effects like those mentioned on enalapril.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!