View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 08:26 AM   #10
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Here in AZ, this has been ALL OVER the news and everyone is discussing it. Like you, Brit, so many people are confused as to why this particular case is receiving so much attention. I think part of the reason it's receiving so much support for the dog is bc the child went into the dog's territory to take his bone, so some are saying it's not the dog's fault - that the dog was being a dog. So, I think that's where some of the over-the-top support is coming from. I think some of it also may be coming from the belief of some that the humans were negligent and showed some irresponsible behavior, placing some onus on them as well.

To me, this dog sounds dangerous and unpredictable, sadly. I'm not opposed to him going to a sanctuary to live out his life if that's available (ie, like Best Friends Society), but I'm also not opposed to him being PTS if that's what's best for the greater good. By 'greater good', I mean in terms of helping a larger number of other adoptable dogs, rather than perhaps spending a small fortune on this one dog. In my ideal world, we'd be able to both rehab the biting dog, as well as save the many other adoptable dogs. BUT, we don't live in my ideal world.

Fighting/killing dog *can* be rehabbed - Michael Vick's dogs are the perfect example, via Best Friends. BUT, that kind of program simply isn't viable for each and every dog that displays this tragic and deadly behavior.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!