View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 08:47 PM   #1
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Default WHY so much effort to save this dog?

http://news.yahoo.com/campaign-save-...204712494.html

Yes, I get it, the adults messed up bad in this situation, BUT... this dog did THAT much damage to a kid and people are petitioning NOT to have it put down? I don't get it. Why?

That dog mauled the child. It wasn't a nip, or even just a "bite"... his face suffered a lot of damage. Apparently the owner also states that the dog killed her other dog last year? Not that human aggression and dog aggression are alike in the slightest BUT...

There are sooo many dogs, including other pit bull-type dogs, in shelters that do not have bite records, have bite inhibition, and do not maul kids.

This is when I think that there is too many wacko's who think every dog can and must be saved. This dog had 40,000 ppl petition, and raised thousands of dollars... just why?? I am as much of a dog and animal lover & advocate as the next, but that money could go to vetting perfectly friendly dogs with no such history who are up for adoption.

I do think the babysitter of the child and the owner of dog should both be held responsible for this. Yes the child was on the dogs property, which was completely and utterly irresponsible, but no dog with the capability of doing this to a child should be allowed to continue to live IMO.

The current owner of the dog did not even want it saved, and was going to euthanize. So this is now a dog, without a home, that is being saved and will have strict regulations - teeth removed, muzzle, etc.

Normally I would be in favor of the dog, honestly and I will be the first to say that dogs bite sometimes and it doesn't make them vicious at all... but this wasn't just a "Bite" but an attack that will lead to "months and possibly years of reconstructive surgery."

Put that effort into the thousands of stable dogs that need help.

Sorry, rant over.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!