View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 07:54 AM   #59
Kaylee32
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
The thought that she will be rehomed if she messes up anything in the new house alarms me. Same as similar posts from other members... If your husband has half the say and this type of talk is serious then she should be immediately turned over to rescue. This kind of stipulation, even if the dog can't understand it, is not fair.

As for peeing where she is not supposed, welcome to yorkie ownership. While I agree that most dogs are trainable I also know for a fact that not all yorkies will be 100% potty trained. Mine is 12 and she goes on herself/in kennel constantly. Always has. Her breeder kept her and sibs in a kennel with newspaper.

This sounds like stress/anxiety/fear/uncertainty. If she is to the point of hurting herself she needs drugs. One of my dogs takes Prozac. He is totally himself, but easier to manage. It makes him happier. Heck, he used to constantly pick at the carpet and eat pieces of blanket. It got so bad that when kenneled he couldn't have anything to lay on. Drugs are a very good thing if used while training.
It alarms me that you would just want me to turn her over to a rescue. And yes my husband does have some say to things whenever it comes to our house. I mean it is his house too. I never said the first thing I was going to do was just throw her out if she messed up something in the new house, my idea of rehoming her is that I have an aunt who is constantly home all the time because her husband has an out of town job and me and her had talked about the possibility of her going to live with her since she is home 24 7. If you would have read through other posts, honestly the last thing I am concerned with is her peeing everywhere and it has gone far beyond just peering. I would much rather clean up pee than patch up holes in the wall.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!