View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 08:14 AM   #11
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynric View Post
In connection with bad breath in Yorkies, this is our first Yorkie and he is a brilliant little fella. We have had Labs and a Foxy that's nearly 13, never known this before, we he will be 1 in April and we had him neutered and when that happened his teeth checked because of his breath, they removed a few of his puppy teeth, but the breath still is wow!! We give him mainly small dog, Royal Canin, dog food and of course a little of tined dog food mixed. I also have a cross Maltese/jack Russell and her breath is fine. I have already spent lots at the vet so hoping for some ideas. He is a feisty little chap and I can't se him agreeing to the teeth being brushed, oh have also been trying the dental chews.
Sometimes even though they remove baby teeth at the neuter, there are still some left behind. If he still has retained baby teeth, this will def cause bad breath - AND teeth problems; so I'd have your vet double check the tooth situation.

Dogs' breath isn't bad when things are healthy and normal, so there is definitely something going on in his mouth that shouldn't be happening. After you get it fixed w/ the vet, then you may want to consider some maintenance products like Healthy Mouth, Plaque Off, Wysong Denta Treat Powder, Leba III ($$$), brushing if you can.

Also, good chews that challenge him will help scrape off some tartar and keep teeth cleaner. You may want to get some CET Chews from Amazon (too expensive at the vets), as they have some dental chemicals on them that are beneficial.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!