View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 08:26 PM   #6
theporkieyorkie
YT 1000 Club Member

Here is his hair after his bath. He hates being groomed and was sick of being fussed with so I could not get him to stack well....

His hair does seem a bit longer once I wash and blow dry it. I also put Chris Christenston Hair Gel in his bum hair to give it a bit of weight because he's got curly, fuzzy butt hair. After a few days it gets kinky and looks shorter though. I also trimmed the ends a bit tonight in an attempt to help it grow.

Ricky was starving and was severely underweight when he was rescued a year ago. His coat was also in bad shape as well because he'd been running around outdoors in the wild for at least a month in November. I don't think his former owners groomed him much either as he flipped out when he had baths, he's scared of scissors and clippers and he hates being fussed with...especially his feet. He is getting better with his baths, but he's been getting them on a weekly basis since I got him.

I was hoping his hair would be longer by now. As you can see from his first picture, his hair wasn't super short(like shaved down) when I got him. It has grown some but its been a slooowwww process and it seems like most of his hair has stopped growing

BTW...he is very active. He loves to play fetch and he's like a little gazelle with his long legs. I've always said he'd make a great agility dog because he is a little speed demon and he can jump amazingly high. He gets running so fast that he will often come to a sliding stop on the carpeting to get his toys. He also loves to rub all over the carpeting and the couch, which I am sure doesn't help his hair much either.
Attached Thumbnails
How Long until it gets long??-may2014a.jpg   How Long until it gets long??-may2014b.jpg  
theporkieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!