View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 07:12 PM   #1
theporkieyorkie
YT 1000 Club Member

Default How Long until it gets long??

Ricky is 2.5 years old and I've had him a year come this May. When I got him, his hair was a few inches long all around and he was in a cute little puppy cut. I haven't cut it since I got him(other than his, ears sanitary areas and his feet) and it has grown out, but I thought he'd have a full coat by now and he does not. His hair has grown really slow but it seems like it's about 1/2 way there and it has just stopped growing all together. The only thing that seems to be growing is the hair that was cut really short around his eyes(thank goodness) and it's finally starting to get long enough to put in his hair band.

I've worked pretty hard trying to keep up on his coat. He gets brushed daily and bathed on a weekly basis. Do you think it's possible that this is it...and it just won't get any longer?? I know my hair won't grow more than an inch or 2 past my shoulders...maybe he's like his mamma?!?

I really was hoping to grow out his coat out to the floor but if it's not going to grow, I'd like to give him a puppy cut again once it gets warm. He has the cutest little puppy face and he loathes being groomed in any way. On top of that, by day 3 after his bath, he looks like he hasn't been groomed in months anyways.

I have attached a few pics of what he looked like when I got him. When I bathe him this weekend, I will add some pics of where his coat is now. Maybe I am trying to rush things, but I thought for sure it would be longer than this after a year.
Attached Thumbnails
How Long until it gets long??-scrumpy1.jpg   How Long until it gets long??-scrumpy3.jpg  
theporkieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!