View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 09:39 AM   #38
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
Thanks for the info! Did Jezebel make a full recovery? I put a phone call in to the vet, and I will be speaking directly with the surgeon on Friday. I was reassured that he has plenty of experience doing luxating patella surgery, but I will ask about CCL tears and x-rays. The surgeon is also a professor with the U of Illinois Veterinary College and works part time at the U of I Vet Hospital, as well as mentoring U of I vet students in his private practice. I'm very confident in his abilities, but will clear up the remaining questions. In the meantime, I'm trying to discourage Bella from jumping up and down and off the bed and furniture.
No doubt a good vet will evaluate any hind-limping dog for CCL and drawer sign, stability of the joint and her leg circumference compared to the contralateral leg and so forth and felt she likely didn't have a tear in the CCL, don't you imagine?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!