View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 06:14 PM   #26
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Well, if you still have a dog to help you through this, that's everything. After I couldn't foster dogs anymore, I stopped having but one dog at a time and after I lost each of my Yorkies, unfortunately I didn't want any other dog - I just wanted my baby back. But I waited too long after each Yorkie died before getting another for sure - over 4 years after each of my Yorkies died and it was a mistake to wait that long. It was needless loneliness as I would have accepted any little Yorkie after a few months if I'd only taken the chance. I love all dogs and don't think I could have found one that I wouldn't have meshed with or come to adore, even if it took a few weeks. But still I waited to get another each time and shouldn't have. But since you have a sweet dog already, I'm sure it will be a bit easier since you aren't completely dogless and without a cold nose and waging tail to cuddle with and won't be so totally lonely for one!

Those friends or family that are kind of scoffing at or judging how you feel now just don't know any better and haven't had the close, special relationship of a dog or they would completely understand your grief. What others say about your grief isn't important unless you allow it to matter to you and they don't have to understand everything you feel. Your nerves are just raw so it's obviously bothering you now but you'll probably come to see one day they just don't love dogs in the same way you do. But true doglovers know profound grief over a beloved dog's death is completely normal.
yorkietalkjilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!