View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 03:58 PM   #8
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiGirl View Post
kirbybirby, I love Yorkies, just as you do, and I have 4 fur girls (1 Yorkie and 3 Morkies), who are truly my babies. I personally could never do anything that would put them at risk, and especially not for making money or for a hobby.

I do hope you love your Yorkie that much too, and you will enjoy your Yorkie as a pet, and not a business venture.

Here are links to some info that is in the Yorkie Talk Library, that may be helpful in opening your eyes to the very complicated world of breeding:
http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/bre...t-breeder.html
http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/bre...-answered.html
Everyone gave you good advise. The Yorkie breed had changed so much from this type of breeding. You were honest and stated you wanted to do it for profit but PLEASE re-think your reasons. You are one of many thousands of people that are doing just this and not many are breeding for the betterment of the breed. Those that do cringe inside when they see these kinds of posts and I would too. No offense to you at all - I don't know you.... but a good breeder works very very hard to improve the breed.

I see yorkies everywhere now and they look mixed or just 'off'. I'm sure they are wonderful great doggies but too many yorkies these days just do NOT look like the beautiful spunky Yorkie we all fall in love with before getting. Too many are in rescue now and the population of yorkies has exploded - it's never a good thing when too many people decide to breed unless they are very serious about it.

Plus like MauiGirl said -things CAN go wrong. Someone wanted to breed with my oldest when she was young and no way was I going to take a chance with her...I'm just not brave and always think of the things that 'could' happen

Good luck to you!

ps...working from home full time can get really tedious - I miss going to a real job and being challanged...then I also love the days I don't have to
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!