View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 08:09 PM   #7
ShowGirlLola
YT 1000 Club Member

In my area there isn't much of a small breed problem, the shelters are full of large dogs, especially bully breeds, and cats. The yorkie rescues mostly have older (usually 8-10yrs) and bigger yorkies. A lot of them have crazy standards too, such as telling a couple they were ineligable because their 10yr old grandkid visits once a year. They also have wait lists.
A lot of the puppy ads you see are scams, I was surprised by how many. "O I suddenly don't have time for my 10 week and 12 week old puppies, I'll give them to you for free, just pay $1000 to ship it."

I know a lot of people, including myself, who tried to adopt a small dog and couldn't find one. We ended up driving about 3 hours to get our dogs because there weren't any locally.

I bought Lola from a couple with 2 pet yorkies, her parents are beautiful and super sweet.
My neighbor got her mixed dog from a lancaster puppy mill, and doesn't know it. (Dirty house, tons of different mixed breeds running around, tried to raise the price when she got there)

In my area the following needs to happen:
1. Spay/neuter large dogs and cats
2. People need to stop getting rid of old dogs, or because they had a baby
3. Stop the puppy mills
4. Ship small dogs to our shelters
ShowGirlLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!