View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 03:49 AM   #30
McheleM
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowGirlLola View Post
I forgot to add before, if a breeder asked me if I wanted the tail left undocked and couldn't back out if I did, I'd say no. I'd only say yes if it were an all or nothing deal, the whole litter gets docked or left alone.
My reason is I wouldn't want someone else picking out a 2 day old puppy for me.

I got to choose between Lola and her sister. I don't think I'd be nearly as happy with her sister. Lola has this beautiful spark in her eye, her sister didn't.

Actually her job prospects are very bleak, she's an architect. If anything the Boston school will help her more.
She thinks it's cruel because she sees it as unnecessary pain and doesn't know much about the way it's done. She loves dogs but she's only owned one as a kid and it hated her.

I think dew claw removal is more acceptable because it's more functional. My poodles were constantly getting their's caught.
My Grandmom was told docking tails was functional too, because the long tail would break/couldn't wag/would mess up the dogs balance.

I agree about having someone else picking the puppy for you.
And I would hate to not dock a tail and had a potential buyer back out, and not be able to sell that particular puppy. As Yorkiemom1 stated, she had problems selling her undocked litter.
Dew claw removal wasn't as hard for me to watch as the tail docking, however my son was horrified that they cauterize the dew claws-he has/had frequent nosebleeds and had his nose cauterized on several occasions and said its extremely uncomfortable, so he can't imagine it on a little 4 oz puppy. They didn't squeal as much with the dew claws as they did with the tails, but she also used a scalpel to remove the tails and then stitched the end.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!