View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 04:51 PM   #28
ShowGirlLola
YT 1000 Club Member

I forgot to add before, if a breeder asked me if I wanted the tail left undocked and couldn't back out if I did, I'd say no. I'd only say yes if it were an all or nothing deal, the whole litter gets docked or left alone.
My reason is I wouldn't want someone else picking out a 2 day old puppy for me.

I got to choose between Lola and her sister. I don't think I'd be nearly as happy with her sister. Lola has this beautiful spark in her eye, her sister didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
Congrats to your BFF successfully attending grad school here in Texas, enabling her to go ANYWHERE in the coutry she chooses to practice her occupation. Yes, Texas is conservative, and more traditional I think, and just as we all have our preferences in all aspects of our lives, we love it that way! If it aint broke, we are more apt to not go monkeying with it. In pet homes, I love floppy eared, long tailed teapots, but I wouldnt want to see that in our shows as a standard image for a Yorkie. As far as docking tails being "cruel", it isn't cruel....maybe not a particular preference, but not cruel. I think your Grandma is very typical...."she has very particular ideas how Yorkies should look". Are people that are against docking also against cutting off toes.....dew claw removal? What about castrating males.....cruel? If docking and dewclaw removal and castration is done with a meat cleaver, when the dog is 8 months old, I agree....cruel.
Actually her job prospects are very bleak, she's an architect. If anything the Boston school will help her more.
She thinks it's cruel because she sees it as unnecessary pain and doesn't know much about the way it's done. She loves dogs but she's only owned one as a kid and it hated her.

I think dew claw removal is more acceptable because it's more functional. My poodles were constantly getting their's caught.
My Grandmom was told docking tails was functional too, because the long tail would break/couldn't wag/would mess up the dogs balance.
ShowGirlLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!