View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 03:11 PM   #25
ShowGirlLola
YT 1000 Club Member

My BFF grew up in Texas and has family there, she spent her teen years in NJ, went to college in Boston, and is back in Texas for Grad school. Her parents spent most of their lives in PA/NJ. She wants to live in NYC.
She has said many times that Tx is much more conservative than the Boston or NJ. Not back woods, just conservative. I asked her what she thought about the undocked tails and she said she's not surprised they went over better in the north east.
She doesn't like the docked tails, she thinks it's cruel.

I don't know if it's true or not but it seems like yorkies are more popular in the north east too. It's very hard to find any small dogs in shelters and it seems like the yorkie rescues only have older teapots (8+ years, 10+ pounds) or dogs with medical problems.

I guess my preference is for a medium length tail, Lola's is about an inch long and I wish it were longer. An undocked tail wouldn't stop me from getting a dog.
I showed my Grandmom an undocked tail and she said "eww that's terrible!!" But she also thinks it's terrible when people keep their yorkie's hair short. She has very particular ideas about the way yorkies should look.
ShowGirlLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!