View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 11:55 AM   #23
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicgenie View Post
I'm from Boston. Yes, people flock there from all over the world for its cultural and educational institutions, as well as to start their careers in medicine, finance and technology. The open mindedness is nice to be around.
I do object to a rigid breed "standard" that calls for cutting off a dog's tail. I think "standard" should be evaluated with all of the animal's natural parts intact, not after surgical cosmetic alterations.
Again, this is personal preference, and you're very welcome to yours. I will fight any attempt to make it a legislative matter.
Thank goodness we have the largest Medical Center in the world here in Houston, with many world reknown heart surgeons (DeBakey, Cooley,etc.), vascular surgeons, oncologists, neurologist, as well as Baylor College of Medicine, and University of Texas Medical Schools, leading the world in many medical fields in research for all deciplines of diseases, including but not lilited to: historic advancements in Parkinsons, MS, ALCS, Alzheimers, pioneers in all areas of cardiovascular medicine and research and invention, and of course we have the #1 cancer facility in the world, MD Anderson, leading the world in research, specific gene marking for specific cancers, invention, investigative treatments and established treatment proocols. From our esteemed halls of education, we send forth our world recognized pioneers in medicine to benefit the entire county as well as foreign countries. I can not speak to the financial or technological educational opportunities but I am sure, comparing the economy and our tax base here in Texas alone, we are among a limited, select few States....seemingly mostly Southern States.... leading the Nation in implementing our knowledge base for the sustained economic growth with limited taxation, statistics we have exemplified for many years. Regarding breed standard:
The breed standard has existed for many years, set down as a template for breeders to use as a pattern, to preserve what Old World breeders formulated years ago as what Yorkies will look like as a breed. While I personally like long tails, I honor all the fabulous breeders that have "designed" the Yorkie standard and I will appreciate and adhere to the "rule book", so to speak. If and when the breed standard is changed, I will comply with that template. Hopefully, changes will not be implemented on the whims of animal rights activists.

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 01-11-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!