View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #20
ColesMommy01
YT 1000 Club Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
As a devoted, loyal Native Texan, I will just smile, shake my head and with the politness tolerance of a Southern lady, and overlook the implication that the Southern States are apparently considered a conglomeration of back woods, uninformed imbred, red neck yahoos by all the "very intellectually advanced mecca for the highly educated and informed,.....wow........" people flocking to New England. I think perhaps the preference for docked tails in the people I screen for my babies, is more liikely a strong dedication to adherence to the breed standard as it currently is. As far as the preference for females, people are not wanting to deal with territorial marking they believe is unavoidable with males. The owners that trusted me and changed their minds and took a little boy into their family, have ended up thrilled they listened to me.
Thank you for saying this. My family immigrated from the Caribbean to NY when I was 1 then moved to TN when I was 11. I've never met more polite, well meaning, caring, gracious people in my life. I've found that most people that consider Northerners "more intellectual" already have preconceived notions about us (yes I consider myself southern with a bit of NY wit) or have never met many ppl from the South. Yes we have our rednecks and hillbillies but we have our Ivy League scholars (one who happens to be my best friend born and bred in Tennessee) and other southern educated intellectually open-minded individuals too. Is everyone from "up North" in the mob and angry all the time???? J/k ....btw I wanted a female because I wanted to dress her up. I got a boy instead and I still dress him

Last edited by ColesMommy01; 01-09-2014 at 09:03 PM.
ColesMommy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!