View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 12:28 PM   #1
lexi43
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Almost Lost Zach In A Snowdrift

During the blizzard on Jan. 2 we almost lost Zach in a snowdrift. We let the dogs in the back to do their thing and to play. We usually go out with them but this time we stupidly didn't. A few minutes later all the dogs came in except for Zach. We ran out to the back and couldn't see him but we heard him barking and crying. We were in a panic. We let the other dogs out hoping they would find him and sure enough they all went to this one spot and started barking. We ran over to the spot and we didn't see anything except a big mound of snow all of a sudden the mound started moving and we started digging like crazy and there was Zach frozen and shaking like a leaf. We wrapped him up in a warm blanket and rushed him to the emergency. They said he was going to be fine and gave him some antibobiotics. I feel so guilty I shold have been out there with him. We never never let them out in the back without watching him. Just one mistake could have cost him his life. The vet said that in another few minutes we would have lost him from hypothermia Thank God for our basset hounds and their great noses. Not only did they find him they also dug him out with us. Never will they be let out alone again. I hope nobody else will be a stupid as we were.
lexi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!