View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #11
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiesatwork View Post
My four year old Max has 75% collapsing trachea and is being treated by the University of Georgia Vet School. One of his meds is an opiate elixir, and before I really noticed, he's developed really heavy, almost concrete like tarter on his front teeth right where I put the syringe in his mouth. He takes it twice a day. A month ago, I started using Peteze Tarter control gel on a tiny toothbrush twice a day. It seemed to help a lot at first, but we're at a stalemate. I've been reading about tooth scaling without anesthesia. Anyone out there tried that? Max has become very tolerant of my messing with his teeth. I use one of those tiny, single use toothbrushes, but I pop the mouthwash 'pearl' out of it first. Fits his tiny mouth perfectly. Should I continue to use the gel? Will it eventually clear his mouth? Would appreciate comments from folks who have solved the plaque problem without anesthesia.
There are dogs who can be put under even with ct have you talked to you vet about it. The AAHA says non anesthesia cleanings are not good!
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!