Thread: Our Story
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 06:00 AM   #1
JefeK
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Sad Our Story

Truffle turned 9 in July. Absolutely beloved member of the family. Slept in bed next to me, did everything with us, truly our child (to go with our 8 year old boy Jeremy). She had her annual checkup 1 week ago (Dr Stack, Milburn Veterinary Hospital), got her shots, told clean bill of health, come back in a year.

Truffle passed away on the 24th. My wife and I were vacationing in Napa, Truffle and Jeremy stayed with my wife's mom. When we left, other than her being sad, Truffle seemed to be perfectly fine. My mother-in-law, who loved Truffle like she was her own, says she noticed some weird panting a day or two into her stay, and an increased desire to be picked up/held, but otherwise, nothing unusual, still eating well, etc. Tuesday morning, early, she was apparently in a bit more distress. Jeremy picked her up to put her on the couch, went to get her a treat, and when he returned, he found her unconscious on the floor. My mother in law ran over, they rushed to an emergency hospital, who said she had passed, and could find no immediate cause of death, no trauma, said likely an anaryism or the like.

Im a mess. Im blaming myself, if I had been here, would have noticed something was wrong, taken her to the vet immediately, etc. I keep trying to comfort myself and say what the vet said, that it was some sort of health "event", that these things happen, that it was likely inevitable and at least she didn't suffer long and went fast. I miss her tremendously, cannot believe that she passed at the end without me being there to hold her, and continue to have a really hard time. I see her everywhere, think of her anytime I go anywhere in the house where she is supposed to be and isn't. I miss my little buddy and best friend (I work from home, so Truffle was my constant companion when I was alone in the house).

We are going Sunday to look at a new puppy, at Wingold Yorkies in Westfield. He has one available, 5 month old boy, he says wonderful and ready to go home. Family is excited, thinks we need to do this, fill the void, continue to welcome the warmth and love of a dog into the house. I don't disagree, but still mourn my Truffle, cant believe she is gone.

Sorry for rambling. Figured if anyone could understand, it was here. All the best.
JefeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!