View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 10:57 PM   #6
BayAreaDesigner
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
I see, that sounds stressful! I'm guessing you work during the day and aren't able to supervise so in that case yeah they'd be in their pen with pee mat until you got home. Then let her out only when she does a pee on the mat with you watching, let her out and if she has an oopsie on the floor show her it, say no and put her back in the pen. Repeat after an hour or so. They catch on fast! Those pens are relatively inexpensive, I bought mine online and had it imported total cost was £65 or so. The ones in the PIC aren't mine but they are the same but come in different sizes and colours. I apologize if my reply isn't great, I'm a bit tipsy from eggnog and typing on an iPad thing and I'm horrible at virtual on screen keyboards, I'll help more in detail on computer if you still need help or advice. I got the pen from Amazon.co.JP if you can't go that route there is a similar thing called puppy potty apartment that would work! :-) happy moving!
I couldn't find the one you mentioned on Amazon but I did watch the video at the Potty Training Puppy Apt website. I think it might be a good idea to try. Sounds perfect as I have wanted a designated potty area for the girls. I can also give Lola her treats and things inside her apt and lock the door and Lily won't be able to take them away from her. Also since it is portable I can move it to different rooms when I need to and it won't be the focal point of my living room

Since I am moving anyway I think this would be a good time to introduce the change (along with some other dog training that should have been done by now as well)

I am hoping that I can get them each used to having their own space and their own potty area. So I think I will need to buy 2.

The only thing I can't figure out is still what to do when I go to work. If I put them in the xpen and they haven't had time to adjust to their new crates I will be back to what has been going on in the past. Lily (alpha dog) will probably potty on the pee pad and then refuse to pee on it again and will go on the floor. Unless I can separate the xpen somehow into 2 parts and put their pet apartment in there with the door open. But fix it so they can't get to each others side???

I don't know! Any ideas???
BayAreaDesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!