View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Did somebody say Madan? Thank you Kristin for linking my site. You gave excellent tips...I also use the super fine side of the Madan mustache comb to get stubborn tight massed mats out. I spray a detangling spray directly on the mat, rub it in w/my fingers, separate it w/ fingers too. I grab the most inner part of the hair near the skin & comb out the mat. If the mat is to the skin, I usu cut it off w/blunt nosed scissors. The boys don't tolerate me combing or brushing out mats very well...they're very sensitive.

With Mimi, I use the Madan Small pin brush to brush out tangles. She tolerates brushing & hardly gets any tangles. But I have not brushed her for a full 2 weeks in winter time when she was wearing clothes 24-7 & have brushed the mats out w/out cutting anything. Took me an hr, but I did it w/a small pin brush by line brushing & a spray. I line brushed her, lifted up her hair & brushed downwards in layers.

I also have the CC wood pin brush. It's a nice brush, esp for the face since it doesn't have pointy pins. But it really doesn't penetrate the hair like a pin would. I don't see how the wood pins can brush out tangles, esp a stubborn one.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!