View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #55
Teegy
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhetts_mama View Post
Your breeder is playing Russian roulette with the dogs she is breeding. Many congenital diseases don't show up for years.

For instance, Chiuahah's are prone to open fontanel, Portosystemic liver shunts,luxating patellas, atlantoaxial subluxation and dental problems.

She then mixes them with:

Maltese- who are prone to Portosystemic liver shunts and MVD, Neurological problems such as Little White Shaker syndrome, PDA Shunts, luxating patellas, legs-calve perth disease, collapsed trachea, open fontanels and hydrocephalus..

Yorkies- luxating patellas, liver shunts, mvd, collapsed tracheas, legs-calve perth and so on...

And Lasha Apso's - ip dysplasia, patellar luxation, juvenile renal disease, intervertebral disc disease and eye problems such as progressive retinal atrophy, dry eye, and glaucoma.

See the over lap?

totally agree with you, generally someone who is mixing breeds are in it for the cash without a doubt and build fables on why their dogs are the best. I saw a dreadful show called "pick a puppy" some chicka was telling people that her cross bred maltese yorkie maltipoo something else dogs were the best of all breeds, yorkies have horrid tempers and breeding in a lovely mixed malteser and something else gives you a perfect dog.
I highly doubt she did any genetic testing and I don't recall mention of medical issues of any kind. The show made me ill and a friend had told me to watch it because they thought I'd love it. Ya I loved the old lady who had been breeding Scotties for decades and interviewed the heck out of the people who came to see her, she likely turned them down, because they didn't get a Scottie
Teegy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!