View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #51
Sunnydayz
YT 500 Club Member

I myself don't believe you will be making much money when breeding properly. I once had a male and female chow, when my female went into heat, I separated them immediately. Unfortunately my male literally chewed a hole through my back door while I was at work and got into the house to get to her. To make the best of the situation, she had the pups and I immediately had them both fixed. By the time I payed all the vet care and everything raising the pups to 12 weeks old, it cost me more than what I made :-) I just wanted healthy happy puppies and was not worried about making money, rather I was more worried that the pups were super healthy and went to the right homes. I probably could have sold them for much more than I did, as the dad had 27 champion generations before him, but I never had any intention of breeding.

On the word micro or teacup, I have issues with this, as I rescued Gizmo from such a breeder. He was in a hypoglycemic coma from being starved, from the breeder not only breeding tinies, but also starving the pups to stunt their growth, and he almost died just to fit those descriptions. It took many vet visits and care to save him, and get him healthy. Thankfully now at 6 months old he is just over 4 lbs and perfectly healthy so far and on track to be of normal size. There is no such thing as a teacup or micro.

Last edited by Sunnydayz; 12-05-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Sunnydayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!