View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #6
theporkieyorkie
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreiley View Post
My yorkie poo's length (13 inches) warrants most medium sized clothes, but her girth is only 12 inches, and her neck is 6 inches! Anyone know which brand caters to long, slim doggies?
You could possibly try clothes that specifically fit dachshunds as they are longer. If you look online, you can find clothes specifically that fit them I have a pup with a long body(13.5 inches) and short legs and i have a dog with long legs who's body is 11.5 inches and a 12 inch girth with an 8 inch neck.

I sometimes have lucked out and find clothes with longer backs....For example...I just bought Ricky a kong t-shirt from Petco in an x-small and it's very long. Petco clothes tend to fit my pup with the longer body better than the Petsmart clothes do. I buy my little guy an x small and my bigger guy(the long one) a small from petco. At persmart, it's a small and medium and a lot of times, the mediums don't fit my pup right.

You pretty much have to try stuff on because everything fits differently. I've tried different stuff on from the same brand and even had different results.

One thing that might work for you are the horse blanket type jackets that you can adjust because they have velcro across the belly and around the front of them.

Another thing you can do is buy bloomers for her if her dresses aren't quite long enough.

Of course you can always get homemade dresses too!! Oh my gosh...I'd loovvveeee to go shopping for a little girls
theporkieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!