View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
KazzyK810
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

I know this sounds kind of weird, but I've always talked to ZoE and told her where we are going when we get ready to leave. I tell her, "we're going to Grandma's", or "we're going to see Dozer" (dog friend), or "we're just going for a ride" if we aren't going to see anyone & I'm doing stuff like drive-thru banking. I use the same words over & over to describe the same place. She definitely recognizes the names and it seems to put her at ease.

I agree with Kristin. The purchase of a booster seat was great. ZoE knows it's her place in the car and she hops right up in it & waits to be belted in. If we're visiting people, I also take along a blanket & bed from home that AREN'T recently laundered, so they smell like her, along with a few of her favorite toys.

I also pack the exact same food she has at home, so along with her RC kibble, I pack some cooked chicken & veg and separate it into little single serving baggies and put it on ice in a small cooler until I get to a fridge at my destination. I never feed her anything different when we are away from home, so as not to upset her tummy.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!