View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #57
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theporkieyorkie View Post
While it's nice of the breeder to offer to pay for the parasite medicine, isn't that only a fraction of the vet bills this pup will incur considering it's ALSO got yeast infection and eye problems that will require surgery?!?

When I see a breeder that's insistent on replacing a pup, when an owner is wanting badly to keep it and help it....it makes me question the breeders motives.

If the breeder can't help the new owner with the vet bills, is she really going to bother to get the dog medical help when/if the dog is returned...or is she going to just leave the dog sick and hurting, or worse yet....will she just put it to sleep because thats the most cost effective thing?? Perhaps she will just sell it on down the road to some other unsuspecting customer.

All of the above would be something I expect out of a BYB or a puppymill owner.....NOT a show breeder who has the credentials this breeder has.

If the breeder is an ethical, quality breeder who cares about her pups, like she claims she does, she would get that puppy all of the medical help it needs when it was returned to her....and ethically, she could not resell it with it's health issues, so she'd have to find it a home...SOOOO, if that' the case... why not just save herself the difficulty of having to nurse the dog through surgery and the trouble of having to rehome the dog and just leave Max with his owners. Either way...she'd be paying vet bills...but she wouldn't hav to worry about rehoming the dog AND she wouldn't have had a pissed off customer that could potentially cost her business and her reputation.
Potentially....the amount of business she looses could far outweigh the cost of making this customer happy.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!